Job Title: Personal Support Specialist
Join us in helping our Maine seniors & disabled adults live independently in their own homes through care and compassion! Positions are available in Penobscot, Piscataquis, Somerset, Waldo, Hancock & Aroostook Counties.
We are always hiring caring, kind & compassionate individuals who believe in trying to make a difference in the lives of others.
The Essential Functions of a Personal Support Specialist, sometime referred to a Personal Care Assistant:
• Assists clients with personal care such as bathing, dressing, and grooming. Very often, heavy lifting for mobility assistance is not be required.
• Assists clients with meal and snack preparation.
• May also shop for groceries and other necessities.
• Provides companionship & assistance with hobbies.
• Performs homemaking activities which may include: vacuuming, dusting, sweeping/mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms
Positions Available for caregiver companions (sitters), certified nursing assistants, certified home health aides, home care aides, and personal care aides.
Interviews held daily!
• Past caregiving experience is preferred but not required; we have a great training program in place.
• Must have a sympathetic attitude towards the care of the elderly with the patience to effectively complete assigned tasks on a per client basis.
• In most cases, if serving multiple clients, reliable transportation is a requirement as you'll be traveling between clients during your week.
• A valid driver license or State ID.
Job Types: Full-time or Part-time based on your availability.
Salary: Hourly pay is competitive depending on experience, location and availability.
Travel Pay: Employee travel between clients is compensated based @ $12 per hour.
401k: Available 401k Retirement Plan including up to a 3% employer match.
Health, Disability & Life Insurance: A variety of plans are available for your selection.
Free AAA Plans: Available after 3 months of employment
• Employee Referral Bonus of $250 per employee if the referred employee stays on with In-Home Care for a minimum of 6 months.
• Client Referral Bonus of $250 per new client referred to our agency who are private pay clients. New client must stay on with In-Home Care for a minimum of 6 months.
• Yearly bonuses offered based on company's performance per management's discretion.